At Two Brothers, you can do as much or as little as you like. The ocean, the land and the cultural activities in Nicaragua are extraordinary and varied. There is plenty to keep you thoroughly busy, or you can simply practice the fine art of doing nothing at all.
“Endless Summer” Boat Excursions
The resort runs its own 28-foot custom panga, “EndlessSummer,” which is available for both trolling and bottom fishing, turtle and whale watching, and offshore surfing.
The boat is a 28-foot custom panga with new 4-stroke engine, custom swivel seating, full shade canopy, complete safety equipment and the latest fishing tackle. Your captain/owner is US Coast Guard certified. Snorkel and spear fishing equipment is available
Nicaragua is home to some of Latin America’s best sport fishing. Directly offshore from Two Brothers, you can be in the thick of the action within minutes of your fishing trip, hooking up with yellow-fin, tuna, mackerel, roosterfish, jacks, sailfish, dorado, snapper and grouper.
The resort is within walking distance of numerous coves that are home to large tidal pools providing sanctuary to an astounding variety of tropical fish and sea life, including the occasional octopus. Near the fishing village of El Astillero are protected coves that provide opportunity for spear fishing, plucking lobsters from the rocks, or simply exploring the underwater paradise. Snorkeling gear is available for resort guests upon request.
Refuge de Vida Silvestre del Rio Escalante is situated just north of Two Brothers Surf Resort and is one of the best areas to observe thousands of Paslama Sea Turtles nesting between the months of July and January. Chacocente is where the Rio Escalante reaches the Pacific Ocean and is a protected zone where these turtles come to lay their eggs. Chacocente is one of the seven most important places on the continent for this massive turtle spawning known as “arribadas.”
- Ride horseback through rolling hills.
- Lounge at the pool and watch the waves roll in.
- Hike through tropical foliage and discover howler monkeys.
- Relax in the natural hot springs in Las Salinas.
- Take canopy tours and crater walks around Mombacho Volcano.
- Tour the colonial cities of Granada and Leon.
- Explore the craft markets of Masaya and Catarina.
- Experience traditional rural markets in Rivas.
- Buy fresh coffee, fruit and vegetables from local vendors.
- Enjoy local Nicaraguan cuisine and fresh bread at nearby restaurants.